Friday 18 November 2011

Primae Sententiae

It doesn't really translate as "first post", but at a stretch it could.

It's probably a good idea to look at the about me page, which will save me a lot of time and explanation. I'm really not as girly as the pink background suggests, so don't be turned off by that. If it really annoys people I might consider changing it.

So why did I set up this blog? After all, I've already got another one. And why Latin anyway?

The thing is, my other blog's all cluttered up with my various witterings and I wanted something specifically to do with Latin - I mean, I've got poems and analysis all stored away on my computer doing nothing. I'm up to my eyeballs in translation sometimes, and I love it. I love it so much I couldn't stop myself from splurging this love all over the internet...and that was how this blog was born.

As it says on the page, I'm not on a mission to bring Latin to the masses. It's a worthy cause, but I'm really not up to the job. The only thing I'm on a mission to do is to share my love of interesting Latin-related stuff with anyone who can be bothered to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment